2003-06-08 - 8:35 p.m.
Self-prescribed medication for being a dumbass:
1. Change cell phone ring from TMBG's Istanbul to InAGoddaDaVida, which forever reminds me of The Simpsons.
2. Yank out XTC's Skylarking and put "Season Cycle" on repeat.
3. Hear Carrie Bradshaw say, "Could we please wait to have cock talk until cocktail hour?"
4. Spend an hour knitting stockinette and more stockinette and more stockinette.
5. Laugh long-distance at a terrible joke with the punchline, "I'm thinking inside the box!" Wince, ouch, giggle.
6. Cook for the week: Moroccan-style fish with masala, artichoke-chard-feta frittata, roasted mushrooms.
7. Survive lunch with Mom. Even survive the incredibly unattractive salmon-pink 100% polyester outfit she brought for you. Um, thanks.
8. Realize with horror you're actually looking forward to work this week.
8. Take this quiz. (With thanks to Bumptious.) Get a sentence of 23 years in jail. Hey, that's impressive!
9. Make progress on seeing the floor in the spare room. Realize you have enough projects to keep an entire army of bored homemakers busy for a year. Anybody need fabric, thread, dye, vintage patterns, yarn, knitting needles, beads, etc etc etc?
10. Laugh with people who've known you long enough to realize that being a dumbass is just who you are, but they love you anyway.
Be grateful for the riches you have, dumbass!
Comments: Speak your piece!
former / latter